GLIMPSES OF BHUTAN - 6 DAYS TOUR
05 Nights/06 Days
Daywise Tour Itinerary
Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Phuentsholing
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293 mts.)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport and transfer to Phuentsholing - The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India. It is a thriving commercial center on the northern edge of the Indian Plains. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Phuentsholing.
Day 2 : Phuentsholing – Thimphu
(Distance: 176 kms. / Driving Time: 6 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350 mts.)
After breakfast complete the immigration formalities and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. In the evening, visit the Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 3 : Thimphu Sightseeing – Punakha / Wangdue
(Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue), King's Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon transfer to Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang (4,300 ft.), via Dochu-La-Pass (10,170 ft.) to view the higher Himalayas. The pass also has 108 Druk Wangyal Khangzang Chorten which is believed brings multi fold merit to all sentient beings and which make the pass a must visit place. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay will be at Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang.
Day 4 : Punakha / Wangdue Sightseeing – Paro
(Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2280 mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel with bag & baggage’s and visit the Punakha Dzong - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short excursion trip to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang - The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. After noon drive to Paro. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 5 : Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast start full day sightseeing covering Ta Dzong - National Museum with an excellent collection of Bhutanese antiquities, Rinpung Dzong - the administrative seat of the district of Paro. Afternoon visit Drukgyel Dzong - The Dzong was destroyed by fire in 1951 and is now preserved as heritage site & Kyichu Lhakhang - one of the oldest Buddist temples in Bhutan . Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 6 : Paro Airport
After breakfast check out from hotel and drop at Paro Airport for your onward journey.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meals as per plan
- SDF Charges
- 1 bottle mineral water everyday
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis) (CAR TIMING 9 AM TO 5PM DURING SIGHTSEEING)
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- 5 % GST
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting,
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Travel Insurance.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- Minimum Cancellation is Rs. 2000 per Head.
- 25% Between 30-20 Days Before Tour Departure
- 50% Between 20-10 Days Before Tour Departure
- 75% Between 10-05 Days Before Tour Departure
- 100% on the Same Day & No show.
- Documents required for Bhutan Immigration is Voter id/Passport along with 2 copies of passport photograph
- Children below 18 years can carry school id/Aadhar Card along with birth Certificate
- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
- A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
- For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll out bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
- The above mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per the room availability. Otherwise similar category hotel will be provided. All the rooms are base category